Gayest Rush song thread
Sexy Hot Jocko
2010-06-18 17:06:43 UTC
Tai Shan all the way
Max C. Webster III
2010-06-18 17:42:38 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
Anal Log Kid b/w In The End.

Unless you meant "ghey," then yeah, Rivendell b/w Tai Shan.

- Max -
=======
Facebook pics are OK and all,
but somehow that one in the
Hawaiian shirt with the cocktail
just isn't doing it for me.
Doppelbock
2010-06-18 18:05:30 UTC
Post by Max C. Webster III
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
Anal Log Kid b/w In The End.
Unless you meant "ghey," then yeah, Rivendell b/w Tai Shan.
- Max -
=======
Facebook pics are OK and all,
but somehow that one in the
Hawaiian shirt with the cocktail
just isn't doing it for me.
Anagram

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.rush/msg/283c4240c5b8a632

DB (shameless self-promotion)
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***
Cyclone Ranger
2010-06-18 19:05:02 UTC
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Max C. Webster III
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
Anal Log Kid b/w In The End.
Unless you meant "ghey," then yeah, Rivendell b/w Tai Shan.
- Max -
=======
Facebook pics are OK and all,
but somehow that one in the
Hawaiian shirt with the cocktail
just isn't doing it for me.
Anagram
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.rush/msg/283c4240c5b8a632
DB (shameless self-promotion)
--
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***- Hide quoted text -
I'd never seen that. Not so sure I'm a better person for now having
seen it, either.
Mike in Texas
2010-06-18 19:15:10 UTC
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Max C. Webster III
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
Anal Log Kid b/w In The End.
Unless you meant "ghey," then yeah, Rivendell b/w Tai Shan.
- Max -
=======
Facebook pics are OK and all,
but somehow that one in the
Hawaiian shirt with the cocktail
just isn't doing it for me.
Anagram
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.rush/msg/283c4240c5b8a632
DB (shameless self-promotion)
Hadn't seen that either - good job! LOL ...

Mike
Kyle
2010-06-21 15:09:55 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
I think "Madrigal" is even gayer than "Tai Shan." It's got sappy
lyrics and soft musicianship.
Doppelbock
2010-06-21 15:19:35 UTC
Post by Kyle
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
I think "Madrigal" is even gayer than "Tai Shan." It's got sappy
lyrics and soft musicianship.
Nope. Nothing is gayer than Panacea. Liquid grace, passion pure, and
much other gay faggotry.

DB
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***
Kyle
2010-06-21 15:29:55 UTC
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
I think "Madrigal" is even gayer than "Tai Shan."  It's got sappy
lyrics and soft musicianship.
Nope. Nothing is gayer than Panacea. Liquid grace, passion pure, and
much other gay faggotry.
DB
It never occurred to me to think of "Panacea" as gay. Sure, it's a
pretty little acoustic love song, but I think it works really well at
providing a change of pace after the intensity of "No One at the
Bridge." Nope; "Madrigal" is far gayer. I mean, on the basis of that
flutey synthesizer sound (even gayer than the Asian synth flute on TS)
alone, "Madrigal" is much, much gayer. Honestly, I think the "flute"
of Madrigal is the gayest-sounding thing to ever adorn a Rush record.
It sounds as if it was played on a Casio VL-Tone.
The Professor
2010-06-21 15:55:03 UTC
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
I think "Madrigal" is even gayer than "Tai Shan."  It's got sappy
lyrics and soft musicianship.
Nope. Nothing is gayer than Panacea. Liquid grace, passion pure, and
much other gay faggotry.
DB
It never occurred to me to think of "Panacea" as gay.  Sure, it's a
pretty little acoustic love song, but I think it works really well at
providing a change of pace after the intensity of "No One at the
Bridge."  Nope; "Madrigal" is far gayer.  I mean, on the basis of that
flutey synthesizer sound (even gayer than the Asian synth flute on TS)
alone, "Madrigal" is much, much gayer.  Honestly, I think the "flute"
of Madrigal is the gayest-sounding thing to ever adorn a Rush record.
It sounds as if it was played on a Casio VL-Tone.
I think this whole thread is gay for its use of the word gay.

The Professor (and Panacea is a great song - Madrigal not so much)
Giovanni
2010-06-21 16:33:44 UTC
Post by Kyle
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
I think "Madrigal" is even gayer than "Tai Shan." It's got sappy
lyrics and soft musicianship.
Nope. Nothing is gayer than Panacea. Liquid grace, passion pure, and
much other gay faggotry.
DB
It never occurred to me to think of "Panacea" as gay. Sure, it's a
pretty little acoustic love song, but I think it works really well at
providing a change of pace after the intensity of "No One at the
Bridge." Nope; "Madrigal" is far gayer. I mean, on the basis of that
flutey synthesizer sound (even gayer than the Asian synth flute on TS)
alone, "Madrigal" is much, much gayer. Honestly, I think the "flute"
of Madrigal is the gayest-sounding thing to ever adorn a Rush record.
It sounds as if it was played on a Casio VL-Tone.
I love Panacea, on its own and moreso, as Kyle said, in its place.
Madrigal is not a bad song. I sort of like the synthy thing although it
sounds slightly off-key or makes the rest sound off-key. And I like how
Neil does very little but the soft fills are simple and great
(1.47-1.51). But in place on the album it's much better than on its own.
(not unlike 'Funny how love is' from Queen II)
And 'The Speed of Love' outgheys anything ever done by Rush.
Kyle
2010-06-21 16:44:51 UTC
Post by Giovanni
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
[...]
And 'The Speed of Love' outgheys anything ever done by Rush.- Hide quoted text -
I'm with you on "Panacea." The chord change & overdubs Lifeson
employs on the "Here's a meaning for my life..." part are just
beautiful.
Artisan
2010-06-22 20:44:00 UTC
Post by Giovanni
Post by Doppelbock
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
[...]
Just the word "Panacea" alone is ghey. Making a wussy whimpering song about
it is much worse.

If they kept going that way, we'd soon get "Pacifier: Part 8 of the Banger
of Baby Goats Trilogy" or something.
Mike Smith
2010-06-21 16:13:24 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet? Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?

Mike Smith
That Chilean Guy
2010-06-21 16:29:20 UTC
You're gay for remembering it exists.
McPeart
2010-06-21 16:43:14 UTC
In article
Post by That Chilean Guy
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet?  Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
You're gay for remembering it exists.
You know how I know you Gay?

You like Coldplay...

Monkey Clumps
2010-06-21 18:20:53 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet?  Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer. Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
Sexy Hot Jocko
2010-06-21 19:46:25 UTC
good point monkeyboy
Monkey Clumps
2010-06-21 20:12:20 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
good point monkeyboy
That's Mr. Clumps to you, boy.
Matthew D. Sullivan
2010-06-21 21:02:30 UTC
Post by Monkey Clumps
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet? Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer. Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
We have a winner. (and PRR)

-Matt S.
Mike Smith
2010-06-22 03:21:55 UTC
Post by Monkey Clumps
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet? Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer. Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
You mean Tears used to blow Rivendell back in his dressing room?

Mike Smith
Monkey Clumps
2010-06-22 16:34:38 UTC
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet?  Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer.  Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
You mean Tears used to blow Rivendell back in his dressing room?
--
Mike Smith
I mean Tears accidentally walked into Rivendell's dressing room and
found him getting teabagged by Tai Shan and rimmed by Speed of Love.
Doppelbock
2010-06-22 17:26:16 UTC
Post by Monkey Clumps
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Monkey Clumps
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet? Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer. Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
You mean Tears used to blow Rivendell back in his dressing room?
--
Mike Smith
I mean Tears accidentally walked into Rivendell's dressing room and
found him getting teabagged by Tai Shan and rimmed by Speed of Love.
While Emotion Detector sat in the corner masturbating.
*** ERROR: OUT OF BEER ***
Monkey Clumps
Let's not forget Madrigal hiding in the closet in the gimp suit.
Mike in Texas
2010-06-22 18:25:06 UTC
Post by Monkey Clumps
I mean Tears accidentally walked into Rivendell's dressing room and
found him getting teabagged by Tai Shan and rimmed by Speed of Love.
Gotta revisit this one for this thread ...

Speedo Love

Love that's born with tightened force
Erotic and phallic gorge
Burning skin and fireworks
A form on a raging course

Like a force of nature,
It can rise like the sun at dawn
Sometimes it takes all your strength
to keep from holding on

That's speedo love
Protuberence that travels
That's speedo love
inches ahead of you

Love is born in solar rays
Frontal magnetic pole
It moves toward a higher plane
When two eyes meet two ho's

Like a force of nature,
Love shines like a cob of corn
One night if bathed just right
One day carried away in porn

That's speedo love
Nothing grows much faster
Than speedo love
My heart calls out to you

We don't have to talk
But you know we're gonna touch
I can feel your presence
With the Cyclops that we share

Got to keep it moving
That's speedo love

Mike
The Professor
2010-06-22 19:25:00 UTC
Post by Mike in Texas
I can feel your presence
With the Cyclops that we share
Now THAT is fucking beautiful. :)

The Professor (that line alone is worth the price of admission)
--
"What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man
has tried to make it his heaven." - Friedrich Hoelderlin
Kyle
2010-06-23 21:56:32 UTC
Post by Monkey Clumps
Post by Mike Smith
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
No mention of "Tears" yet? Possibly the gheyest song *evar*, never mind
from Rush?
--
Mike Smith
Rivendell is far gheyer. Rivendell is to Tears as Harvey Fierstein is
to John Wayne.
I don't know about that. "Rivendell" is silly, no doubt. And a
little embarrassing. Tolkien-themed songs don't tend to age well.
But gay? Gayer than "Tears," moreover? I don't see it.
Norbert K
2023-08-10 16:17:47 UTC
Post by Sexy Hot Jocko
Tai Shan all the way
A lot of good choices in this thread! All the gay ones are outed.