Geddy Lee's Memoir
Norbert K
2021-11-09 14:47:56 UTC
Most of us have probably been hoping that Lee & Lifeson were working on music together. However, Lee acknowledged recently that he has been working on his memoir -- in part as a means of dealing with Neil's passing.

To me, this news is almost as exciting as an announcement of new music from Lee would be. I can't wait to read the book.

And any of you nutcases who think that Rush were neo-cons, Cheneyites, Trumpians, or disciples of Q will be very disappointed by what Geddy reveals about his (and the other guys') political & religious views.
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
2021-11-10 08:28:10 UTC
Post by Norbert K
Most of us have probably been hoping that Lee & Lifeson were working
on music together. However, Lee acknowledged recently that he has been
working on his memoir -- in part as a means of dealing with Neil's
passing.
To me, this news is almost as exciting as an announcement of new music
from Lee would be. I can't wait to read the book.
And any of you nutcases who think that Rush were neo-cons, Cheneyites,
Trumpians, or disciples of Q will be very disappointed by what Geddy
reveals about his (and the other guys') political & religious views.
Right. Although he later distanced himself from it somewhat, Peart was
definitely libertarian early on. Some stupid people confused that with
right-wing. When asked about the claim that they were a right-wing
band, he quipped "We're the only Nazi band with a Jewish bassist". :-)
Norbert K
2021-12-01 14:06:32 UTC
Post by Norbert K
Most of us have probably been hoping that Lee & Lifeson were working
on music together. However, Lee acknowledged recently that he has been
working on his memoir -- in part as a means of dealing with Neil's
passing.
To me, this news is almost as exciting as an announcement of new music
from Lee would be. I can't wait to read the book.
And any of you nutcases who think that Rush were neo-cons, Cheneyites,
Trumpians, or disciples of Q will be very disappointed by what Geddy
reveals about his (and the other guys') political & religious views.
Right. Although he later distanced himself from it somewhat, Peart was
definitely libertarian early on. Some stupid people confused that with
right-wing. When asked about the claim that they were a right-wing
band, he quipped "We're the only Nazi band with a Jewish bassist". :-)
You are well-informed, Phillip.

Lifeson, incidentally, once said: "We are basically liberals."